Fox News is losing a fan favorite.
Dan Bongino, the pro-Trump firebrand who turned frequent Fox News appearances into a job hosting a weekend show on the network is leaving the outlet.
Bongino, the host of Unfiltered and Fox Nation’s Canceled in the USA, left Fox after contract negotiations fell apart, he said Thursday. The network confirmed the departure in a statement to Forbes, which first reported the news, saying “We thank Dan for his contributions and wish him success in his future endeavors.”
Bongino announced his departure from the network on his latest podcast, telling his audience that “regretfully, last week was my last show on Fox News Channel.”
“The show ending last week was tough. It’s not some big conspiracy theory, I promise you. There’s no acrimony…We just couldn’t come to terms on an extension. That’s really it,” Bongino said. “I really enjoyed myself there. They were good for me for ten years…It’s a sad day. They did give me the opportunity to do one last show, I don’t want you to think they showed me the door. That’s one me, not on them, but I thought it was best to go this way for now.”
Fox News host Lawrence Jones will cover for Bongino this weekend, and the network will announce a permanent replacement in the coming weeks
The settlement came just hours before opening arguments in the defamation trial were slated to begin in a Delaware courtroom
This is a breaking news story. Click refresh for the latest updates.