2024

Home 2024

Former CIA Agent Enters 2024 White House Contest

5

The Republican presidential primary field just gained an unexpected new entry.

Thursday morning, former CIA clandestine agent Will Hurd announced he’s running for president.

Hurd, a one-time CIA officer from Texas who served three terms in Congress before deciding against running for re-election in 2020. He officially declared his candidacy in an interview with CBS News and also filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) to run.

“This is a decision that my wife and I decided to do because we live in complicated times and we need common sense,” Hurd told CBS News.

“To be frank on this, that we’re not talking about these things,” he said. “I’m pissed that our elected officials are telling us to to hate our neighbors. Our neighbors are not our enemies. They’re our fellow Americans who we just happen to have a disagreement with.”

“These are the issues that we should be talking about,” Hurd continued. “And I believe the Republican Party can be the party that talks about the future, not the past.”

The Democratic National Committee welcomed Hurd to the race by seeking to tie him to Trump.

“Will Hurd spent his career in Congress in lockstep with Donald Trump’s extreme MAGA agenda – voting to rig the economy for the ultra-wealthy, ban abortion nationwide, gut Planned Parenthood, and repeal the Affordable Care Act, all while cozying up to the gun lobby,” said DNC Chair Jaime Harrison. “The GOP primary field is overflowing with MAGA Republicans desperate to win over the right-wing fringes, and Hurd is just the latest entrant into an incredibly chaotic and extreme 2024 field.”

Hurd has an uphill battle ahead of him in an already crowded primary field. Former President Donald Trump and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis have largely dominated the polls thus far. Former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley, South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, tech mogul Vivek Ramaswamy, and former Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson have lagged behind in the polls.

Former Vice President Mike Pence also recently entered the race after months of speculation.

This is a breaking news story. Click refresh for the latest updates.

Report: Chris Christie Nears White House Announcement

6
Maryland GovPics, CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons

Is Donald Trump about to see one of his most aggressive critics join the Republican primary circle?

Reports indicate former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has taken a significant step towards announcing his 2024 White House campaign after his allies established a political action committee (PAC) to support his bid.

The PAC, called Tell It Like It Is, is the latest sign that Christie plans to throw his hat in the ring in the Republican presidential primary race, the New York Times initially reported.

Fox News reports:

The former governor has already made selections for a potential presidential campaign staff as well, according to the New York Times. Mike DuHaime and Maria Comella are poised to manage his campaign if he announces, the outlet reported. Duhaime previously worked as a political strategist during Christie’s 2016 campaign, and Comella previously worked as chief of staff to disgraced former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

Meanwhile Brian Jones, a longtime staffer for GOP campaigns, will head up the PAC.

Earlier this month, Christie indicated he planned to jump into the race by hitting at both frontrunners Trump and President Biden.

“I’m very concerned that what we’re heading toward is a Trump-Biden rematch,” said in a radio interview. “A Trump-Biden rematch is bad for the Republican Party.”

“We lost the House in 2018. The Senate and the White House in 2020. We underperformed in 2022 and lost more governorships and another Senate seat. Donald Trump cannot win,” he continued.

Christie would enter a growing field of Republican 2024 candidates, including Trump, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis; former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley; Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., and former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson.

Former Vice President Mike Pence is also expected to launch a bid for the White House in the coming weeks.

Donald Trump Wins 2024 Presidential Election

2

Numerous outlets have projected that Donald Trump has officially made history and has won the 2024 presidential election.

Trump was projected to have breached the 270 electoral vote threshold after stunning wins in the battleground states of North Carolina, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Georgia.

Trump will be the only president to serve two nonconsecutive terms other than Grover Cleveland who was elected in 1884 and again in 1892. 

Watch Trump deliver his victory speech from West Palm Beach:

Former first lady Melania Trump stood near her husband and was joined by Barron, the former president’s youngest son. Trump’s older children, Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka and Tiffany, all joined their father on stage, too.

Trump’s top political minds, including top campaign advisers Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita, joined Trump on stage. And his political allies were on stage, too, including House Speaker Mike Johnson.

This is a breaking news story. Click refresh for the latest updates.

Incensed Mika Brzezinski Slams Trump – Says He Endangers Women’s Lives

5
US Department of Labor, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

MSNBC’s Morning Joe co-host Mika Brzezinski delivered a strong rebuke against former President Donald Trump during Thursday’s broadcast, accusing him of endangering women’s health and expressing frustration with those who question recent reports critical of Trump.

Brzezinski argued that Trump’s actions have serious implications for women, specifically regarding reproductive health. “He is putting our reproductive health at risk, and some women have already died because of this,” Brzezinski stated, emphasizing the potential dangers she believes his policies pose. “I’m talking about us women. He’s killing us. He is making us afraid to have babies.”

Her comments also extended to those who question the veracity of recent reporting, including a so-called “October surprise” from The Atlantic that criticize Trump. “These headlines and very good reporting, by the way, shouldn’t be questioned by idiots about what Trump has said about Hitler. That’s incredibly important to know,” she added.

Of course, Brzezinski did not mention that Trump was the first U.S. president to formally recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. On Dec. 6, 2017, he announced this recognition, marking a significant shift in U.S. policy. Previous presidents had avoided this move, keeping the U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv to placate Palestinian opposition.

Critics argue that Brzezinski’s diatribe implies Democrats are losing and that their only option now is to scare the public into voting for Kamala Harris.

READ NEXT: Trump Assassination Attempt 911 Calls Released

Walz Family Members Buck VP, Endorse Trump

5

The family of vice presidential candidate Tim Walz aren’t fans of his politics…

An image circulating online shows family members of vice presidential candidate Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz openly supporting former President Trump.

The photo was shared online by former Nebraska Republican gubernatorial candidate Charles Herbster. It shows eight people wearing “Nebraska Walz’s (sic) for Trump” T-shirts.

“Tim Walz’s family back in Nebraska wants you to know something…” Herbster wrote on X. 

Family members told Fox News they consider themselves “distant” from Walz and have never met or spoken with him. One person in the photo who wished to remain anonymous said they are supporting Trump because “he supports our values.”  

Trump replied on Truth Social to the image, implying that he plans to “meet” with Jeff Walz, the older brother of the Minnesota governor. 

Tucker, Elon Real Winners Of First GOP Debate Night

2
Photo via Gage Skidmore Flickr
The true winners of last night’s debate are former prime-time Fox News host Tucker Carlson and Elon Musk, owner of X – formerly Twitter. If you’ve spent the last 24-48 hours under a rock – here’s what transpired last night. Eight Republican candidates running to be the next President of the United States took the stage in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to talk about their visions for the future of America – and how they are the proper alternatives not only to the babbling buffoon currently in the White House Joe Biden, but also to America’s 45th President Donald Trump – now running for the office for a third time. The Wisconsin event was moderated, albeit poorly, by Fox News anchors Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum. Of course, the debate in itself was probably somewhat staged. According to multiple reports, the candidates and their prep camps were given the questions in advance. While the debate was going on in Milwaukee, Tucker Carlson aired an opposing pre-recorded interview with America’s 45th President Donald Trump, who himself is set to be arraigned in a Fulton County, Georgia court on Thursday where he is expected to front up a bail payment of $200,000. (RELATED: Trump Agrees To Release Conditions, Including $200,000 Bond) Tucker Carlson has enacted fully-fledged revenge on his former employer and put millions of dollars in the pockets of a new corporate overlord, Elon Musk. X, formerly Twitter, has been working to position itself as the preeminent alternative to the mainstream media since the Musk buyout earlier this year. By the view numbers still rolling in on the video posted last night, they seem to have succeeded in doing that to a level even Musk himself may have never imagined. As of the writing of this piece, Tucker’s 46-minute long X video has been viewed over 186.4 million times. Mediaite noted the following in a piece published yesterday:
“The interview, which was taped this week and is dropping to coincide with the debate, is intended as additional salt in the wound for Fox executives wary that a Trump-less event will not bring in the major ratings typically expected from these kinds of nights.”
Notably, video-sharing platform Rumble which was the the first place to try and pitch itself as the free speech alternative to YouTube partnered with the RNC and probably boosted their own profits last night as well. The Rumble stream of the debate from the GOP’s channel has amassed 1.54 million views. Definitely a respectable number, but making up less than 1% of the views amassed by Carlson on X. For the record the Rumble stream via Roku is how I personally watched the debate, refusing to give my dollars to the Fox News machine. Fox News has yet to officially release numbers on last night’s debate but here are some viewership numbers reported by Mediaite from past presidential debates:
“In 2015, Fox’s primary debate – with Trump and nine other candidates – drew 24 million viewers, smashing previous records and earning the distinction of being one of the most-watched cable programs ever. Overall, 2016 was a blockbuster year for debate ratings: the 12 Republican primary events averaged 15 million viewers.”
Even if Fox’s numbers last night were close to their past viewership – which they are not expected to be without Trump – Carlson’s X video dwarfed those numbers as well. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the positions of Great America News Desk. This piece is republished with permission from American Liberty News.

Biden Wins Debate Coin Toss, Trump To Deliver Closing Remarks

2
CNN Headquarters via Wikimedia Commons

One more week…

The first presidential debate is nearly here and the details are being finalized.

On Thursday, CNN announced former President Trump will have the final word in next week’s first presidential debate after Joe Biden won the coin toss.

The Biden campaign won the coin toss, selecting tails, and choosing to pick the president’s standing position instead of reserving a speaking slot. Biden will stand on the right side of the stage from the viewer’s perspective, and Trump on the left.

Trump’s campaign decided to select to speak last, meaning Biden would be the first to give his closing argument.

Biden and Trump will be the only two candidates on the debate stage next Thursday night in Atlanta, CNN announced. Anchors Dana Bash and Jake Tapper have been selected as the moderators. Independent Robert F. Kennedy Jr. did not qualify for the debate stage

It’s the first of two debates agreed to by the candidates and will feature a number of new rules.

CNN said there will be two commercial breaks during the debate, and candidates will not be allowed to consult with other members of their campaign during that time.

The network also noted that candidates’ podiums and positions will be determined by a coin flip, their mics will be muted outside of speaking time, and they will only be provided with a pen, a notepad and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump will each have two minutes to answer questions — followed by one-minute rebuttals and responses to the rebuttals. Red lights visible to the candidates will flash when they have five seconds left, and turn solid red when time has expired. And each man’s microphone will be muted when it is not his turn to speak.

Candidates will not be allowed to bring props or prepared notes.

Additionally, for the first time in recent history, the debate between presidential contenders won’t have a studio audience.

White House Press Secretary Rushes To Biden’s Defense After Doocey Asks New Provocative Question

6
White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre holds a press briefing on Friday, July 30, 2021, in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room of the White House. (Official White House Photo by Erin Scott)

“President Biden is the oldest president in U.S. history. Why does the White House staff treat him like a baby?”

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre became visibly agitated after receiving that question from Fox News Correspondent Peter Doocy.

Doocy asked the provocative question in response to revelations in a new book, claiming White House staff treat the 80-year-old president “like a toddler.”

Fox News has more, including Jean-Pierre’s reaction:

“No one treats the president of the United States, the commander in chief, like a baby. That’s ridiculous. It’s a ridiculous claim,” Jean-Pierre responded.

Doocy cited an upcoming book by The Atlantic’s Franklin Foer, “The Last Politician: Inside Joe Biden’s White House and the Struggle for America’s Future,” in which the author writes that Biden, after appearing to call for regime change in Russia in March 2022, “fumed to friends about how he was treated like a toddler.”

“Was John Kennedy ever babied like that?” Biden asked, according to the book.

Jean-Pierre dismissed the excerpt, arguing that books inevitably get written about every administration with “a variety of claims.”

When Jean-Pierre attempted to pivot to Biden’s trip to the upcoming G20 summit in India, Doocy brought up a Wall Street Journal Poll showing two-thirds of Democrats believe Biden is too old to run for president.

“Look, here’s what I know. Here’s what I can speak to. I can speak to that – a president who has wisdom. I can speak to a president who has experience. I can speak to a president who has done historic – has taken historic action and has delivered in historic pieces of legislation. And that’s important,” an increasingly impatient Jean-Pierre retorted.

This piece was first published in American Liberty News. Republished with permission.

Georgia Governor To Meet With Senate Leaders Amid 2024 Talks

2
Georgia National Guard from United States, CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons

A prominent Republican governor is preparing to meet with top Senate leaders this week.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp is meeting with two top Republican leaders in the Senate in Washington, D.C. over the next two days, a spokesperson for the governor confirmed to The Hill

Kemp will meet with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday and National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) Chair Steve Daines (R-Mont.) on Wednesday. 

The pair of meetings come after the Peach State governor told CNN’s Kaitlin Collins that he is “certainly” not running for president in 2024.

“In politics, there’s always doors opening and closing. I got a great job right now. I personally feel like having more people in the race does not help us win and beat Joe Biden,” Kemp told Kaitlan Collins on “The Source.” “So, you know, I’m certainly not running for president. But there’s always doors opening in politics depending on how things play out, and we’ll see what happens.”

The Georgia Governor reiterated that Trump should stop constantly referencing the 2020 election if he hopes to re-win the state.

“If he continues to do that, he’s going to lose Georgia in November,” Kemp said, later adding, “There is no path for us to win the White House if we can’t win Georgia.”

Tim Scott Ends 2024 Presidential Campaign

1
Michael Vadon, CC BY-SA 4.0 via Wikimedia Commons

In a surprising turn of events, the presidential primary field has one less competitor… Tim Scott has officially dropped out of the race.

Scott made the announcement on Fox News’ “Sunday Night in America with Trey Gowdy,” the host himself a former Republican South Carolina congressman who wrote a book with Scott.

“I love America more today than I did on May 22nd, but when I go back to Iowa, it will not be as a presidential candidate. I am suspending my campaign,” Scott told Gowdy. “I think the voters who are the most remarkable people on the planet have been really clear that they’re telling me, Not now, Tim.”

Scott’s campaign sent a fundraising email just minutes before he made his announcement giving donors what it called “one last chance to donate this weekend and help Tim reach his campaign goal.”

Scott launched his candidacy in May 2022 and was the second South Carolinian after former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley to run for the White House on the Republican side. 

Scott’s decision came a few days after the third Republican debate.

Scott’s decision to drop out of the race leaves the question of who the South Carolina Senator will ultimately choose to endorse in the race as other candidates are openly vying for his support.

“The best way for me to be helpful is to not weigh in,” he said when asked who he will support.

Scott also gave a thumbs down to the idea that he could serve as the nominee’s running mate on the Republican Party’s 2024 national ticket.

“Being vice president has never been on my to-do list,” he said.

Who will be the next candidate to call it quits? Let us know what you think in the comments below!