Featured

Home Featured Page 32
Featured posts

Georgia Governor Shoots Down Request To Criminally Probe Fani Willis

    4
    Georgia National Guard from United States, CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons

    Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) dismissed Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s (R-Ga.) request to open a criminal investigation into District Attorney Fani Willis (D).

    Last week, the MAGA Congresswoman called on Kemp to open an investigation into Willis’ corruption after the prosecutor was accused of having an affair with the special prosecutor who assisted in securing a grand jury indictment against former President Donald Trump. (RELATED: Fani Willis Accused Of Hiring Lover As Key Prosecutor, Court Docs Reveal)

    Kemp told Newsweek in a statement that Greene had “every right” to refer her complaint to Georgia lawmakers, calling the accusations against Willis “deeply troubling.”

    “Evidence should be presented quickly,” Kemp said. “Georgians need to be able to have confidence in this trial and the Georgia General Assembly laid out a specific process to investigate matters such as these. The Congresswoman has every right to refer her complaint to the oversight commission once it commences full operations.”

    Republicans and allies close to Trump criticized Kemp’s decision to avoid conflict. “That’s bullshit,” said Mike Davis, a Republican operative close to Trump’s world. “He has statutory power right now to order a criminal investigation.”

    Greene explained that a committee process, in general, is a good idea but said action against Willis is an urgent matter. “Governor Kemp and our state Attorney General Chris Carr need to step in and do the job that they have the power to do, and that is to launch a criminal investigation into Willis and Nathan Wade,” Greene exclusively told Breitbart News.

    “What I’m focused on is the fact that I believe our governor and our state attorney general should use their power,” she continued. “They have the power to go after a state district attorney who is abusing her power to go after the former president of the United States.”

    2016 Trump Rival Doles Out Major Endorsement

      1
      Gage Skidmore from Surprise, AZ, United States of America,

      Donald Trump’s popularity is building.

      After a blowout in Iowa, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R) officially endorsed Trump for president.

      “I am proud to endorse Donald J. Trump for President. Now is the time for us to unite to oust Joe Biden and save our country from the Democrats’ destructive agenda,” Cruz wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

      “To help us win this fight, please make a donation right now to support me and President Trump as we work together to defeat Joe Biden & Save America. Make a strong statement with your support,” he said, alongside a link to donate to Trump’s campaign.

      Cruz narrowly won the 2016 Iowa caucus against Trump before eventually being defeated in the Republican primary.

      “[Iowa] was a dominating victory for Donald Trump: I’ve got to say, there’s no place like the Iowa caucuses. I know it intimately. The men and women of Iowa, they take their responsibility incredibly seriously. They scrutinize the candidates,” Cruz said.

      “It’s an amazing process, and I’m a big believer in letting democracy play out. Well, last night it played out, and I got to say Trump’s victory was across the board… Congratulations to President Trump on that dominating victory,” Cruz said. “And at this point, I believe this race is over.”

      “I’m a big believer we need to let the process play out: It did. And the results last night: 51% [of the vote, which included] 98 counties – that’s compelling. And at this point, I think the contrast needs to be on substance and policy and records [versus Biden],” Cruz said.

      Trump won 98 out of Iowa’s 99 counties.

      Trump also picked up an endorsement from Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) another former 2016 primary competitor, on Sunday.

      The other U.S. senator in Texas, Republican Sen. John Cornyn, has said he will remain neutral in the nomination race

      Ramaswamy Officially Ends 2024 Campaign

      1
      Vivek Ramaswamy speaking with attendees at the 2022 AmericaFest at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona.

      On Monday night, Vivek Ramaswamy made the highly anticipated announcement that he is suspending his presidential campaign.

      After Donald Trump handily won nearly every county in Iowa the tech mogul announced he is endorsing the former president.

      “As of this moment, we are going to suspend this presidential campaign,” Ramaswamy told supporters in Iowa on Monday night.

      “As I’ve said since the beginning, there are two America First candidates in this race. And earlier tonight I called Donald Trump to tell him that I — congratulate him on his victory, and now going forward, you will have my full endorsement for the presidency,” Ramaswamy said later, while one of his attendees interjected during his remarks “don’t do it!”

      Ramaswamy’s exit comes not long after former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) announced he was dropping his White House bid. 

      Ramaswamy launched his longshot bid for the White House in February of 2023.

      Former President Trump is currently poised to emerge the top candidate in 98 of Iowa’s 99 counties after Monday’s caucuses, with former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley edging him out in just one county.

      According to reports from The Hill, by Tuesday morning, with about 110,298 votes counted, Trump had won 51 percent (56,260 votes) of all votes in the Hawkeye State, followed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s 21.2 percent (23,420 votes) and Haley’s 19.1 percent (21,085).

      Fani Willis Breaks Silence On Latest Misconduct Allegations

        5
        Gage Skidmore Flickr

        On Sunday, Georgia District Attorney Fani Willis broke her silence after former President Donald Trump’s co-defendant accused her of having a romantic relationship with special prosecutor Nathan Wade in the state’s case against Trump.

        For the first time since the allegations were made, Willis spoke on the matter at the Big Bethel AME Church in Atlanta on Sunday.

        “They only attacked one,” she said. “First thing they say, ‘Oh, she’s gonna play the race card now.’

        “But no God, isn’t it them that’s playing the race card when they only question one,” Willis asked.

        Citing “sources close” to both Willis and Wade, Roman’s lawyer, Ashleigh Merchant, claimed the pair have been involved in an “ongoing, personal and romantic relationship,” and went on vacations together. The filings argued the alleged relationship, which Merchant claims started before the election interference began, makes the indictment “fatally defective” and requests it be dismissed.

        “I’m a little confused. I appointed three special counselors. It’s my right to do, paid them all the same hourly rate. They only attack one,” Willis said Sunday. “I hired one white woman, a good personal friend and a great lawyer, a superstar, I tell you. I hired one white man — brilliant — my friend and a great lawyer. And I hired one Black man, another superstar, a great friend and a great lawyer.”

        Although she never mentioned Wade by name during the speech on Sunday, she referred to the man as “a great friend and a great lawyer.”

        Earlier this month, court documents filed say Willis hired special prosecutor Nathan Wade, her alleged partner, to prosecute Trump and benefited financially from the relationship in the form of lavish vacations the two went on using funds his firm received for working the case.

        “The district attorney chose to appoint her romantic partner, who at all times relevant to this prosecution has been a married man,” court documents read.

        Fulton County records show Wade has been paid nearly $654,000 in legal fees since January 2022.

        Former GOP State Rep Acquitted In Second Corruption Trial

          1
          Gavel via Wikimedia Commons Image

          On Thursday, Former Michigan Rep. Larry Inman (R) was acquitted on all counts involving bribery and extortion after a second corruption trial.

          Inman, 69, was charged in 2019 for allegedly soliciting a bribe, attempted extortion, and lying to federal investigators, according to the Detroit Free Press.

          According to The Daily Caller, in 2019 a jury originally found Inman not guilty of lying to investigators, however, they could not reach a verdict regarding the remaining counts forcing the trial to go into a second hearing, Detroit Free Press reported.

          “I think he’s very glad to have this behind him,” Inman’s attorney James Fisher stated. “He feels vindicated because this has been a very long struggle for him. And he’s never said anything other than that he is not guilty of these charges, and I think the jury believed that.”

          The jury had allegedly debated for 45 minutes before reaching their final verdict on Thursday. According to the outlet, the first jury deliberated for over 10 hours over two days during the first hearing.

          Inman served as a Michigan representative from 2015 to 2020. However, Fisher noted that Inman is unlikely to get back into politics.

          “I think it’ll be very hard for him to get back involved in politics after this just because he’s struggled through this whole entire process,” Fisher told the Detroit Press. “I hope the people that he represented see this and look at him in a positive way. I think he is a good man who deserves to be credited for what he did for his constituents.”

          Trump Bucks Judge With Courtroom Monologue

          5
          Photo via Gage Skidmore Flickr

          In the end, former President Donald Trump spoke to the court from the defense table in his civil fraud trial.

          Trump’s remarks came during closing arguments, which remain ongoing.

          “The facts are the financial statements are perfect, that there are no witnesses against us. The banks got all their money paid back. There were great loans,” Trump maintained, echoing remarks he has previously made in public.

          Trump spoke for approximately five minutes before accusing Judge Arthur Engoron of having his own agenda.

          “I certainly understand that,” the GOP front-runner persisted. “You can’t listen for more than one minute.”

          At that point, Engoron told one of Trump’s lawyers to “control your client.” The judge eventually cut Trump off.

          Engoron ruled on Wednesday that he wouldn’t allow Trump to speak during his attorneys’ closing arguments because he wouldn’t agree to avoid personal attacks.

          NBC News further reports on the unprecedented courtroom display:

          Speaking from the table sitting next to his lawyers, Trump spoke to denying all wrongdoing while Engoron quietly listened.

          Trump maintained that banks “got all their money back” and “they weren’t defrauded” while repeating his call to receive damages “for what we’ve gone through.”

          The former president accused James’ office of not providing one document proving her allegations of inflating his financial statements and argued that the case presents a “situation where I”m an innocent man.”

          “The legal scholars looking at this case find it disgraceful,” he said, adding “this is a fraud on me.”

          James is asking Engoron to fine Trump and his co-defendants over $370 million and impose a lifetime ban on Trump and two former company executives from the New York real estate industry.

          This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

          This article was republished with permission from American Liberty News.

          Police Respond To Bomb Threat Targeting Judge In Trump Fraud Trial

          3
          Police image via Pixabay free images

          Authorities in Nassau County, New York, are responding to a bomb threat at the residence of the judge presiding over Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial.

          New York Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron received the threat this morning, hours before closing arguments are scheduled to begin.

          Per ABC News:

          In light of the threat, the court is adding additional security for the judge, the court official said.

          Nassau County Police bomb technicians responded to Engoron’s home out of an abundance of caution. Nassau County Police notified the court system of the threat, which they say they have determined to be unfounded.

          Today’s court proceedings are expected to proceed as planned.

          Trump is prohibited from delivering closing remarks by Engoron after he refused to agree to the judge’s proposed conditions to limit the subject of conversation to what is permissible in a lawyer’s closing argument.

          The former president is on trial for allegedly deceiving lenders.

          This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

          This article is republished with permission from American Liberty News.

          Judge Judy Makes Endorsement Ahead Of Iowa Caucus

            3

            On Wednesday, Judge Judith Sheindlin, better known to fans as Judge Judy, announced she is endorsing Nikki Haley for president.

            Fox News first reported the news:

            “I’m proud to endorse Nikki Haley because she is whip smart, has executive credentials and was a superb governor,” Sheindlin said in a statement. “She has international gravitas as Ambassador to the United Nations. She is principled, measured and has that elusive quality of real common sense. I truly think she can restore America and believe she is the future of this great nation.”

            Haley returned the compliment, calling the judge a “no-nonsense lady.”

            “Judge Judy is a no-nonsense lady who has earned the respect of millions of Americans from her courtroom by being thoughtful, fair, and honest. I’m honored to have her support,” Haley said in a press release. 

            For 25 years, Sheindlin starred on the beloved show “Judge Judy,” where her witty retorts in the courtroom earned her millions of dedicated fans. Instead of stepping away from television for good, she is now the presiding judge on Amazon Freevee’s “Judy Justice,” which became Freevee’s No. 1 original show with more than 150 million viewers over the past two years.

            Sheindlin is a graduate of New York Law School, was appointed to the bench in New York City’s Family Court in 1982 and became the Supervising Judge of the Manhattan Court in 1986. 

            Report: Fani Willis Accused Of Hiring Lover As Key Prosecutor

              0
              Photo via Gage Skidmore Flickr

              On Monday, a court motion was filed stating that Atlanta-area District Attorney Fani Willis (D) improperly hired the special prosecutor who assisted in securing a grand jury indictment against former President Donald Trump.

              The filing by Michael Roman, a co-defendant and 2020 Trump campaign official, states that the court should disqualify Willis for the alleged affair that financially benefitted her and her lover.

              Roman alleges that private attorney Nathan Wade, who is married with children, paid for lavish vacations with Willis using funds his law firm received from the county.

              As The Washington Times reports:

              According to court documents reviewed by The Washington Times, Mr. Wade’s firm has been paid nearly $654,000 in legal fees since January 2022 in the prosecution of Mr. Trump over his efforts to overturn the result of the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.

              Mr. Roman is a former Trump campaign official and one of 19 defendants charged with election interference in the case. He is seeking to have the charges against him dismissed and for the prosecutors in the case to be disqualified.

              Mr. Roman said Ms. Willis did not obtain county approval in hiring Mr. Wade, and brought him on board to lead the day-to-day prosecution of the former president, despite her own office having “numerous experienced lawyers fully capable of preparing this case for the grand jury and trial.”

              The court filing asserts that “sources close to both the special prosecutor and the district attorney have confirmed they had an ongoing, personal relationship.”

              The motion goes on to state that the lovers went on vacations from Napa Valley to the Caribbean, “and the special prosecutor has purchased tickets for both of them to travel on both the Norwegian and Royal Caribbean cruise lines.”

              his article was republished with permission from American Liberty News.

              CNN Anchor Reveals Cancer Diagnosis On Air

                1
                CNN Headquarters via Wikimedia Commons

                On Monday, “CNN News Central” anchor Sara Sidner announced she is undergoing treatment for stage 3 breast cancer.

                “I have never been sick a day of my life. I don’t smoke, I rarely drink. Breast cancer does not run in my family,” Sidner said on CNN’s air. “And yet here I am with stage 3 breast cancer. It is hard to say out loud.”

                Sidner says she is in her second month of chemotherapy and plans to undergo radiation and a double mastectomy.

                The prominent news anchor recently traveled to the Middle East to cover the ongoing fighting between Israel and Hamas and the social unrest the conflict has caused.

                “Seeing the kind of suffering going on where I was and seeing people still live through the worst thing that has ever happened to them with grace and kindness, I was blown away by their resilience,” she told People Magazine as part of an interview published Monday. “In some weird way, it helped me with my own perspective on what I am going to be facing.”