Featured

Home Featured
Featured posts

Tom Homan Announces End Of ICE Surge Operation In Minneapolis

0
By Gage Skidmore from Surprise, AZ, United States of America - Thomas Homan, CC BY-SA 2.0,

MINNEAPOLIS — Border czar Tom Homan announced Thursday that the Trump administration will conclude Operation Metro Surge in Minneapolis and the Twin Cities area, saying the large-scale federal immigration enforcement effort achieved its objectives and made the region safer.

Speaking at the Bishop Henry Whipple Federal Building in Fort Snelling, Homan said the stepped-up ICE operation would be scaled back after weeks of heightened federal presence and cooperation with state and local law enforcement. “I have proposed, and President Trump has concurred, that this surge operation conclude,” Homan told reporters.

Homan said the successful results of the mission — including arrests of individuals with criminal histories and disrupting unlawful agitator activity — warranted the drawdown. “Twin Cities and Minnesota in general are and will continue to be much safer for the communities here because of what we have accomplished under President Trump’s leadership,” he said during his third press conference since being tasked with leading the surge.

Federal officials say the initiative, which began late in 2025, has resulted in thousands of arrests of dangerous illegal aliens and public safety threats, helping stem criminal activity and bolster cooperation with local law enforcement.

Homan outlined that federal officers will either return to their home duty stations or be reassigned elsewhere once the drawdown is complete. “Law enforcement officers drawing down from this surge operation will either return to the duty stations or be assigned elsewhere.”

In recent days, Homan confirmed that 700 of nearly 3,000 federal immigration officers have already been reassigned, a move he framed as responsive to productive coordination with state officials.

The operation had drawn intense national attention and criticism after two Americans — Renée Good and Alex Pretti — were killed in separate confrontations with federal agents during enforcement actions, sparking protests and legal challenges.

Amanda Head: Bar Association Goes Idiodically Woke

3

Law schools across the country are abandoning their decades-long principles going woke and the move could prove disastrous for attorneys, current law students, and prospective law students across the nation.

Let Amanda break down the situation in the video below.

Opinions expressed by contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of Great America News Desk.

Trump in Hot Water Again After Posing with Infamous Philly Mob Boss

    7

    Trump is facing criticism after a photo emerged of him with the infamous Philadelphia mon boss, Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino.

    Trump posed for the photo obtained by The Philadelphia Inquirer with Merlino earlier this month at Trump International Golf Club West Palm Beach. The two, along with an unidentified third man, flash Trump’s customary “thumbs-up” hand signs and smiles while wearing golfing attire.

    “President Trump takes countless photos with people. That does not mean he knows every single person he comes in contact with,” said a Trump spokesperson after The Inquirer shared a copy of the photo with his campaign.

    Merlino was convicted in 2001 in a racketeering case and served a decade in federal prison and is known for connections to mob with operations in Philadelphia and Atlantic City. After his release, he relocated to Boca Raton, Florida before being arrested again in 2018 on a gambling-related charge.

    Trump has recently come under fire for his contact with controversial public figures like Kanye West and Nick Fuentes.

    Last year Trump hosted a dinner while the rapper also known as Ye was in the middle of his anti-Semitic, pro-Nazi meltdown. West was also accompanied by Nick Fuentes, one of the most infamous white nationalists and Holocaust deniers in the country. Trump has asserted that he was unaware Fuentes would be attending the dinner.

    Byron Donalds Endorses Donald Trump’s 2024 Campaign

      3
      Byron Donalds via Gage Skidmore Flickr

      Lawmakers are metaphorically shouting their support for Donald Trump from the rooftops.

      On Thursday, popular Florida Rep. Byron Donalds announced he’s endorsing the former President’s most recent campaign for the White House.

      In a statement circulated by the pro-Trump Make America Great Again PAC, Donalds said Trump is the “one leader” who can get the U.S. “back on track.”

      “There is only one leader at this time in our nation’s history who can seize the moment and deliver what we need – to get us back on track, provide strength and resolve, and Make America Great Again. That is why I’m honored to endorse President Donald J. Trump for President in 2024, and I ask my fellow Americans to join me,” Donalds said.

      Trump has secured support from two other Florida Republicans: Rep. Matt Gaetz, a close congressional ally, and freshman Rep. Anna Paulina Luna.

      Donalds withheld support from Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) for some of this year’s protracted Speakership election, opting against voting for him on nine out of 15 ballots. Donalds himself was nominated for the top job on several ballots, accumulating votes from a number of his colleagues. McCarthy ultimately won the gavel on the 15th ballot.

      Before the Speakership battle, Donalds challenged Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) for the post of House Republican Conference Chair, which the New Yorker won in a closed-door vote.

      Trump Marks Memorial Day With Arlington Ceremony Honoring U.S. Heroes

        1
        Gage Skidmore Flickr

        President Donald Trump is set to spend Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery, where he will participate in ceremonies honoring fallen U.S. service members, according to reporting first shared by The Daily Wire.

        Trump is expected to join members of his administration, Gold Star families, and military personnel at the Virginia cemetery on Monday. His schedule includes a visit to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier followed by remarks nearby commemorating those who died in service to the country.

        Several top administration officials are expected to attend alongside the president, including Vice President JD Vance, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins, Veterans Affairs Secretary Doug Collins, FBI Director Kash Patel, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Dan Caine.

        White House spokeswoman Olivia Wales told The Daily Wire that Trump would honor “our fallen heroes whose sacrifice has kept our nation free,” adding that the president would express “the enduring gratitude of our entire nation.”

        Memorial Day ceremonies at Arlington have long served as a centerpiece for presidents from both parties, with the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier carrying particular symbolic significance. The monument honors unidentified American service members and sits on one of the highest points in the cemetery overlooking Washington, D.C.

        More than 430,000 people are buried at Arlington National Cemetery, including military veterans, service members, and eligible family members.

        Trump marked Memorial Day there last year as well, taking part in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier with members of his administration.

        During remarks at the event, Trump praised U.S. service members who “left behind the blessings of home and family” to answer the country’s call, while acknowledging the sacrifices made by military families.

        Arlington itself has a long and complex history. The cemetery occupies land once connected to the family of Confederate General Robert E. Lee before it was seized by the U.S. government during the American Civil War and converted into a national cemetery amid the war’s heavy casualties.

        This year’s appearance comes as Trump continues using ceremonial presidential events to emphasize themes of military service, patriotism, and national identity during his second term.

        Political Strategist Predicts Date Trump Will Quit White House

        4
        The White House, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

        Veteran Democratic strategist James Carville is once again making a bold political prediction—this time suggesting that President Donald Trump could abruptly abandon the presidency if Republicans suffer major losses in the 2026 midterm elections.

        In a Monday video for Politicon, Carville argued that mounting political and economic pressures—including voter frustration over inflation and fallout from Trump’s handling of the Iran conflict—could culminate in a dramatic exit from office. He pointed to what he expects will be a strong Democratic performance in the midterms, potentially flipping control of both chambers of Congress.

        “Everything that he tries blows up in his face. I’m telling you, I think he’s just going to quit next year by this time. I think he’s just going walk away because the Democrats control the House and the Senate. No one’s going to pay attention to him. The fiscal condition of the country is beyond in the ditch. The Iran thing has turned into just a catastrophe of the first order,” Carville said.

        Carville’s remarks come as several recent polls have shown Republicans facing a difficult electoral map in 2026, with Democrats holding advantages in key swing districts and Senate races. While election outcomes remain uncertain, early indicators suggest the possibility of a significant shift in congressional power.

        Trump himself has acknowledged the stakes of the midterms, warning supporters that a Democratic victory would likely trigger renewed impeachment efforts. He has repeatedly claimed that Democrats would “immediately” pursue investigations and charges if they regain control of Congress, framing the election as a referendum not just on policy, but on his political survival.

        Carville also used his appearance to sharply criticize the administration’s approach to Iran, referring to the conflict as a “racket war” and calling for Democrats to make the issue of war profiteering central to their campaign messaging. He even proposed the creation of a commission to investigate companies that may have benefited excessively from the conflict.

        “It has to be, we’re gonna have a commission to thoroughly examine war profiteering and those that have been justly profited off of war, unjustly. Some people are gonna, you know, they have to have fuel in airplanes. I can’t blame somebody for selling fuel to put in an airplane and have to a certain amount of materials and ammunition and food and all of those things that happened. But I’m talking about something way beyond that. Way beyond that. And you, my dear people, are owed an explanation, and you’re also owed accounting,” he said.

        Carville went further, urging Democratic candidates to explicitly commit to such an investigation if they win back power.

        “Please ask Democratic candidates to commit themselves to a commission to determine the extent of war profiteering that has taken place during this idiocy that this jacka** started,” he said.

        Watch:

        While Carville is known for his provocative predictions, his comments underscore the high political stakes surrounding the 2026 midterms. With control of Congress—and potentially the trajectory of Trump’s presidency—on the line, both parties are already framing the election as a defining moment in the current political era.

        Trump Denies Asking GOP Governor for Endorsement

          0
          Photo via Gage Skidmore Flickr

          Donald Trump is setting the record straight.

          The 2024 presidential candidate is refusing a New York Times report which claimed the former president asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders to endorse his most recent White House campaign. Sanders, who previously served as Trump’s White House Press Secretary was elected Governor of Arkansas in November.

          The New York Times reported on March 4 that Trump is having difficulty garnering public support from former allies, noting that Trump was “disappointed” after Huckabee Sanders, his former White House press secretary, reportedly said she would not yet publicly support him.

          Trump refuted the claims in a post on Truth Social, slamming the report as fake.

          “As per a rather unimportant Fake News report in the NYT, I never asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders for an endorsement,” Trump wrote.

          “I give endorsements, I don’t generally ask for them. With that being said, nobody has done more for her than I have, with the possible exception of her great father, Mike!” he added.

          Sanders has notably stayed out of the 2024 race so far.

          “My focus isn’t on 2024,” Sanders told Shannon Bream on “Fox News Sunday” in January.

          Trump won with 62 percent, while Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), likely his closest rival, came in at 20 percent. Businessman Perry Johnson, who announced his candidacy for the White House this week, earned 5 percent.

          Trump won last year’s straw poll at CPAC in Orlando, Fla., with 59 percent support. DeSantis scored 28 percent in that straw poll.

          Notorious Criminal Speaks Out Ahead Of Trump Hush Money Trial

            1

            On Tuesday, MSNBC’s Ari Melber interviewed incarcerated convicted felon Michael Avenatti to get his thoughts on former President Donald Trump’s fast-approaching New York criminal hush money trial.

            Avenatti, a disbarred attorney, is currently serving 19 years for extortion, fraud, obstruction, and identity theft. Some of those charges stem from his theft of proceeds from a book by his former client, Stormy Daniels. 

            The former president faces 34 charges linked to hush money payments made by his ex-fixer to porn actress Stormy Daniels to cover up an alleged affair ahead of the 2016 election. He has pleaded not guilty.

            Trump is scheduled to head to trial in his New York criminal case on April 15.

            Mediaite has more:

            “Michael, have you been in touch with D.A. Bragg’s office?” Melber asked. “And what specifically in evidence or logic do you think is wrong with this case?”

            “I’m going to decline to answer as to whether I’ve been in touch with either the defense or the D.A.s office,” Avenatti replied. “But let me say this in response to the second part of your question. You know, I think the case has a lot of problems. Now that– I don’t mean to suggest that means that Trump will not be convicted because I think he will be convicted because number one, he’s a criminal defendant in our society. I don’t believe criminal defendants generally get a fair shake.”

            Avenatti then echoed attorneys for Trump, who have unsuccessfully attempted to secure a change of venue. He said:

            I don’t think that he can get a fair trial in New York. And to the people who claim that in fact, he can get a fair trial in New York with a New York jury, I would ask them, if they were to go to sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow and find out that the case had been moved to Mississippi or Alabama, would they still think the trial was going to be fair?

            And I think if they were being honest, they would answer no. So, I don’t think he can get a fair trial in New York.

            On Monday, a judge in New York denied a request for a delay in his hush money trial. Trump’s attorneys argued for the trial to be relocated from Manhattan and postponed as they pursue the matter. 

            Trump’s attorneys argued for the trial to be relocated from Manhattan and postponed as they pursue the matter. His attorneys argued that Manhattan, a well-known liberal bastion, was not an appropriate location for the Republican president’s case. They requested a change of venue to Staten Island, the only borough in New York City that Trump won in both 2016 and 2020.

            Trump To Attend Super Bowl In New Orleans

              2

              President Trump will attend the Super Bowl on Sunday in New Orleans, the White House confirmed to The Hill’s partner NewsNation.

              The game, which is set for 6:30 p.m. EST, will take place at Caesars Superdome. The Kansas City Chiefs are aiming for their third Super Bowl win in a row against the Philadelphia Eagles.

              Trump congratulated the Chiefs after they won the AFC championship game to advance to the Super Bowl but didn’t comment on the Eagles’ win in the NFC championship game.

              Trump will also sit for an interview with Fox News anchor Bret Baier, which is set to air before the game on Sunday. A sitting president granting an interview to the network broadcasting the big game has become an unofficial tradition in recent years, though former President Biden skipped the pregame chat the last two years and Trump snubbed a pregame conversation with NBC News in 2018.

              Trump would be the first sitting president to attend the Super Bowl if he does make the trip to the Big Easy.

              Trump attended another big football game this year — the University of Alabama’s football game against the University of Georgia in September.

              Judge Declines To Recuse From Trump 2024 Ballot Case

                7
                Former President of the United States Donald Trump speaking with attendees at the 2022 Student Action Summit at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida. [Photo Credit: Gage Skidmore from Surprise, AZ, United States of America, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons]

                On Monday, the Colorado judge overseeing a challenge to keep Donald Trump off the 2024 ballot refused to step down from the case after donating to numerous anti-Republican PACs.

                The lawsuit, filed by the left-wing donor backed organization Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), seeks to remove Trump from the ballot under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, alleging he took an oath to the Constitution and then engaged in “insurrection” by encouraging the Jan. 6 Capitol riots. 

                Colorado District Judge Sarah Wallace, an appointee of Democrat Gov. Jared Polis, began the trial Monday saying that she has “no specific memory” of the donations.

                “Prior to yesterday, I was not cognizant of this organization or its mission,” Wallace said. “It has always been my practice, whether I was entirely successful or not, to make contributions to individuals, not PACs.”

                She assured litigants that she has “formed no opinion whether the events of Jan. 6 constituted an insurrection.”

                Wallace donated $100 on Oct. 15, 2022 to the Colorado Turnout Project, a PAC that was formed to oppose Republicans who “refused to condemn the political extremists who stormed the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021,” according to Federal Election Commission data. 

                Wallace also has earmarked close to $1,500 in other ActBlue donations for Democrats since 2016, including $100 to Georgia Sen. Raphael Warnock’s campaign on Nov. 10, 2022, per FEC data.

                Trump’s lawyer, former Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler, said during his opening statement Monday that the lawsuit was “anti-democratic” and a “case of lawfare that seeks to interfere with the presidential election.”

                Last week, Wallace tossed Trump’s effort to have the case dismissed, rejecting his claim that Congress determines ballot eligibility, not the courts. She also rejected an earlier effort to have the case dismissed on First Amendment grounds.