Featured

Home Featured Page 23
Featured posts

Potential VP Flips On Trump Deportation Stance

1
(Miami - Flórida, 09/03/2020) Presidente da República Jair Bolsonaro durante encontro com o Senador Marco Rubio..Foto: Alan Santos/PR

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (R) is changing his tune on Trump’s deportation plan.

“Yes,” Rubio said during an appearance on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday, where he was asked whether he supports Trump’s plan to use the military to deport illegal immigrants from the country. “We cannot absorb 25, 30 million people who entered this country illegally. They’re here illegally, what country on earth could tolerate that?” 

The comments were in stark contrast to Rubio’s previous stance on the issue, most notably as a primary rival of Trump’s in 2015. Rubio was critical of the Trump plan to round up and deport the millions of illegal immigrants living in the United States, panning the idea as “not a workable plan.”

Pushed on why his stance has changed since campaigning against Trump nearly a decade ago, the Florida Senator argued that the situation itself has changed since then.

“When I said that back in 2013 when I was involved in immigration reform, we had 11, 12 million people that had been here for longer than a decade, now we’ve had almost that number in the last three years alone,” Rubio said, noting that he believes some of those who have entered the country more recently could include “terrorists.”

Trump has vowed to implement a plan of mass deportation if he wins November’s election, promising last month to use the National Guard if needed to deport illegal immigrants from the country.

Rubio has been floated as a potential contender for vice president among other popular Florida Republicans such as Rep. Byron Donalds and former primary rival Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Former Situation Room Officer Says Pence Came ‘Close’ To Being Killed on Jan. 6

    4
    Elvert Barnes, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

    A former Situation Room officer said former Vice President Mike Pence came “close” to being killed on Jan. 6, 2021, during the riot at the U.S. Capitol.

    “It’s important to me that we don’t forget that it did come that close, and that we did have discussions, ‘If we lose the [vice president,] if the 25th [Amendment] is invoked,’” Mike Stiegler said in an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos. “We started running through all of these game plans because it was getting close.”

    Stiegler also agreed with Stephanopoulos when he referred to the Jan. 6. riot as one “of our own people” and “inspired” by Trump.

    “But at the time, that’s not even in the forefront of our mind,” Stiegler continued. “It doesn’t matter how we got here. We’re here. How do we execute? How do we move forward?”

    Pence faced threats of violence on Jan. 6 for refusing to overturn the 2020 election. He was at the Capitol when rioters broke in and was taken to an underground loading dock amid the attack, according to the Secret Service.

    In March, Pence said that he will not endorse his former boss, saying he was “incredibly proud” of the Trump administration’s record, but “there were profound differences between me and President Trump on a range of issues.” 

    “In each of these cases, Donald Trump is pursuing and articulating an agenda that is at odds with the conservative agenda that we governed on during our four years,” Pence said. “And that’s why I cannot in good conscience endorse Donald Trump in this campaign.”

    Trump To Attend Son’s Graduation

      1
      Donald Trump via Gage Skidmore Flickr

      It’s a big day for the Trump family…

      Barron Trump, 18, will graduate from Oxbridge Academy in West Palm Beach, Florida, on Friday. The graduation ceremony is private. 

      According to Fox News, Barron Trump will go to college, but it is unclear which university he has selected. The former president has previously floated the possibility of his son attending his own alma mater, the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, where Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump Jr. and Tiffany Trump also graduated. Eric Trump attended Georgetown University.

      The former President had been pushing for weeks to attend his son’s high school graduation as he is currently required to be there for court proceedings in the ongoing hush money trial.

      Trump has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree. He maintains his innocence.

      Hannity Backs Biden’s Plan To Cut Mics At Debates To Curtail Trump’s Aggression

        5
        The White House from Washington, DC, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

        Shortly before Joe Biden and Donald Trump agreed to presidential debates in June and September on Wednesday morning, Sean Hannity appeared on “Fox & Friends” to hail the incumbent president’s unexpected proposal for a debate as “excellent news.”

        Hannity even backed Biden’s suggestion to mute a candidate’s microphone if they aren’t answering a question. The Fox News host argued that this would reduce Trump’s “aggressiveness.” Hannity maintained that Trump’s combative behavior and taunting during the first 2020 debate with Biden likely hurt him.

        He expects that this time will be different. Addressing the new format, Hannity said, “This will put rails in place so that one person talks at a time, and the more Joe talks, I think the worse he does.”

        “I think Donald Trump will wipe the floor with him, and I don’t care if we get the State of the Union jacked up Joe with caffeine, Red Bull, or whatever, or we get regular Joe that could barely walk off the stage last night.”

        As Mediaite reports:

        In a video posted to social media on Wednesday, Biden needled Trump over his ongoing criminal trial in Manhattan and said he beat him in two debates in 2020.

        “Make my day, pal,” the president said.

        Trump responded to Biden’s proposal by accepting on Truth Social and calling Biden the “worst debater I have ever faced.”

        Article Published With The Permission of American Liberty News

        Star Witness Michael Cohen Admits He Wanted Top Role In Trump Admin.

          0
          Gage Skidmore Flickr

          On Thursday, former Donald Trump “fixer” Michael Cohen admitted he would have liked to have been considered to fill the role of chief of staff during the Trump Administration.

          Cohen, who testified Thursday that he was offered a role in the White House, said he didn’t want to go to the White House and rather wanted to serve as Trump’s personal attorney.

          When asked if he wanted to work in the White House, Cohen responded, “No sir.”

          Trump’s lawyer Todd Blanche asked Cohen if the truth is that he really wanted to work in the White House. Cohen responded, “No sir.”

          Blanche then asked Cohen if he had hoped to be named the White House chief of staff, to which he denied.

          Blanche then outlined several conversations Cohen had with other individuals, including his daughter, about the possibility of serving as chief of staff under Trump.

          Cohen, who testified that he spoke with Trump about serving as his personal attorney, said he wanted a hybrid position, one with access to Trump but not considered a White House employee.

          Report: Biden Invokes Executive Privilege On Special Counsel Recordings

            3
            President Joe Biden delivers remarks in National Statuary Hall on the one-year anniversary of the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, Thursday, January 6, 2022, in Washington, D.C. (Official White House Photo by Cameron Smith)

            President Biden is using executive privilege to block House Republicans from obtaining audio recordings of his interviews with special counsel Robert Hur regarding his handling of classified documents.

            As The Hill reports:

            Attorney General Merrick Garland on Wednesday requested Biden assert executive privilege over the recordings, which had been subpoenaed by the House Judiciary and Oversight committees.

            “Because of the President’s longstanding commitment to protecting the integrity, effectiveness, and independence of the Department of Justice and its law enforcement investigations, he has decided to assert executive privilege over the recordings,” White House counsel Ed Siskel wrote in a letter obtained by The Hill.

            While Hur’s report 345-page concluded no charges should be brought against the president, its descriptions of Biden’s memory lapses and the description of the president as a well-meaning, elderly man” set off a political firestorm. 

            Hur cited Biden’s 2017 conversations with ghostwriter Mark Zwonitzer, which Hur described as “painfully slow, with Mr. Biden struggling to remember events and straining at times to read and relay his own notebook entries.”

            In a potential effort to address concerns about Biden’s mental sharpness, Vice President Kamala Harris informed The Wall Street Journal, shortly after the report’s release, that she is prepared to assume the presidency.

            Article Published With The Permission of American Liberty News

            This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

            Sen. Vance Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump

            1

            Senator J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) knows when to admit he was wrong.

            CNN’s Dana Bash pressed Vance on a tweet that he posted in 2016 when the “Access Hollywood” tape of Trump surfaced that stated, “Fellow Christians, everyone is watching us. When we apologize for this man, lord help us.”

            She asked him whether he still feels that way about Trump’s “sexual indiscretions” amid the ongoing hush money trial, noting he has since deleted the tweet.

            “But, look, my view on Donald Trump — I have been very clear on this — is, look, I was wrong about him. I didn’t think he was going to be a good president, Dana, and I was very, very proud to be proven wrong. It’s one of the reasons why I’m working so hard to get him elected,” he replied on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

            Vance had made comments against Trump’s bid in 2016, prompting Ohio Republicans in 2022 to urge Trump not to endorse him. Vance ended up clinching Trump’s support and winning his election.

            Vance is now among the rumored contenders to be the former president’s running mate in the 2024 election. 

            RFK Jr. Accuses Trump, Biden Of ‘Collusion’

              1
              Photo via Gage Skidmore Flickr

              Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. ripped into Joe Biden and Donald Trump after CNN announced it would host a debate between the Republican and Democrat candidates.

              In response to the news, the independent candidate suggested that denying him access to the debates is a knock against democracy, even going as far as accusing the two of “colluding” against him.

              “Presidents Trump and Biden are colluding to lock America into a head-to-head match-up that 70% say they do not want,” Kennedy Jr. wrote on X, formerly Twitter. “They are trying to exclude me from their debate because they are afraid I would win. Keeping viable candidates off the debate stage undermines democracy.”

              “By excluding me from the stage, Presidents Biden and Trump seek to avoid discussion of their eight years of mutual failure including deficits, wars, lockdowns, chronic disease, and inflation,” Kennedy Jr. wrote after the debate was confirmed.

              The independent candidate was not explicitly barred from the debate. According to CNN, candidates simply need to meet the criteria for the debate. At this time, only Biden and Trump have qualified. Those qualifications include being on enough state ballots to realistically be able to earn 270 electoral votes and hitting 15% in four national polls.

              Biden campaign communications director Michael Tyler was asked on Wednesday by CNN’s Jake Tapper if Kennedy Jr. should make the debate stage in September if he’s qualified. Tyler said the “reality” is only Biden or Trump can win the election.

              “The American people deserve to hear from them because that is the reality we are facing,” he said. “That’s the choice in this election, so we should have a debate between the two candidates.”

              Watch: Hollywood Actor Compares Trump To Hitler

                6
                Austin Green, CC BY-SA 4.0 via Wikimedia Commons

                Famed actor Robert De Niro says he’s baffled as to why voters aren’t taking Donald Trump “seriously,” comparing the former president to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler and Italian dictator Benito Mussolini. 

                “I don’t understand why people are not taking him seriously,” the “Ezra” actor said of Trump during a Tuesday appearance on “The View.”

                “Because you read about it historically in other countries that they didn’t take the people seriously — Hitler and Mussolini, they’re fools and clowns,” De Niro, one of Hollywood’s most vocal Trump critics, said.

                “It’s gonna happen. If he gets elected, it’s going to change this country for everybody,” De Niro said.

                “Those people who support him with anger and hate — because that’s what he’s about — they’re going to see,” he said.

                Next, co-host Whoopi Goldberg added that if Trump is re-elected in November he will move to amend the Constitution to allow for Presidents to serve a third term.

                “If he becomes president again, he is not going to not stop being president,” Whoopi Goldberg, one of ABC daytime talk show’s co-hosts, added of Trump. 

                “You understand this? His idea is to stay in until he drops dead,” Goldberg said. 

                “That’s it,” De Niro agreed.

                “He’s not conceding it now. So imagine if he actually did win the election — it’s over. We’re going to have such civil strife,” De Niro said.

                De Niro has been a frequent critic of Trump, once famously saying he wanted to “punch” him in the face and describing him as a “flat-out blatant racist.” 

                DeSantis Addresses Rumors About First Lady’s Political Future

                  0

                  Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) addressed rumors his wife Casey could be considering a political future of her own in the near future.

                  The Republican governor shot down speculation of his wife’s political ambitions at an event in Coral Gables. Recent polls have suggested that Casey DeSantis would be strongly favored in a hypothetical Republican primary for governor. 

                  Asked about those polls, DeSantis smiled and told reporters, “If I had to characterize her interest in getting into the political thicket as a candidate, I would say, I would characterize it as zero. But, you know, I think it’s because she has had a front row seat on all the nonsense that goes on when you do it.”

                  In an interview with Fox News’ Harris Faulkner in 2023, DeSantis said “humility” is what defined her as the first lady of the Sunshine State.

                  “I think one who looks at the role with a lot of humility,” Casey said. “It isn’t about me. It is about being in a position to be able to do good on behalf of the people of this state and hopefully of this country.”

                  Before her husband’s election as governor in 2018, DeSantis enjoyed a career as a television host, reporter and anchor.