Featured

Home Featured Page 34
Featured posts

Fetterman Says Republicans and Democrats Only Agree On One Thing

    2

    Pennsylvania Senator John Fetterman (D) says he thinks colleagues are hoping for the worst…

    During a recent interview with The New York Times, Fetterman said he thinks both the right and the left sides of the political spectrum hope he gets another blood clot and dies.

    “What I have found out over the last couple years is that the Right, and now the Left, are hoping that I die,” Fetterman blatantly told the Times.

    In May of last year during his campaign, Fetterman endured a massive stroke that nearly killed him. In early February, Fetterman was hospitalized for two days after feeling lightheaded while attending a day-long retreat for Senate Democrats. Doctors ran tests to confirm he was not having another stroke and monitored him for seizures, the senator’s team said at the time.

    Later in February, Fetterman checked himself into Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for clinical depression and was treated there for six weeks.

    “There are ones that are rooting for another blood clot. They have both now been wishing that I die,” the senator added.

    The Pennsylvania Democrat stopped short of identifying any specific lawmaker or examples to support his characterization. However, Republican lawmakers have expressed uncertainty over Fetterman’s health to effectively serve in his office.

    The 53-year-old, 6-foot, 8-inch senator has become known for his casual outfits around the Senate floor, sparking criticism from colleagues.

    Earlier in December, Fetterman said he is “not a progressive” after being asked about his differences with Democrats.

    “I’m not a progressive,” Fetterman said in an interview with NBC News. “I just think I’m a Democrat that is very committed to choice and other things. But with Israel, I’m going to be on the right side of that. And immigration is something near and dear to me, and I think we do have to effectively address it as well.”

    Ex-White House Lawyer Says Supreme Court Could Rule Unanimously In Trump Case

      3
      Duncan Lock, Dflock, CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons

      Former White House lawyer Ty Cobb predicted the U.S. Supreme Court will rule “9-0” in favor of former President Trump in a potential appeal of the Colorado Supreme Court’s ruling.

      On Tuesday, The Colorado Supreme Court ruled 4-3 to remove Donald Trump from the state’s primary ballot. (RELATED: Colorado Supreme Court Rules On Trump Ballot Ban)

      Steven Cheung, a spokesperson for Trump’s campaign, has already vowed the Trump campaign will appeal the ruling to the U.S. Supreme Court, which has a 6-3 conservative majority and includes three justices nominated by the former President. 

      “The Supreme Court though will not hesitate to move quickly on this; they know what the stakes are. They know what their responsibility is,” Cobb continued. “And they can delay some of these Colorado dates to the extent that they feel they’re obligated to or have to.”

      “I think this case will be handled quickly. I think it could be 9-0 in the Supreme Court for Trump,” Cobb said in an interview on CNN, adding later, “I do believe it could be 9-0, because I think the law is clear.”

      “The real key issue in this case is — is Trump an officer in the United States in the context in which that term is used in the Article 3 of the 14th Amendment,” Cobb said. “And in 2010, Chief Justice [John] Roberts explained in free enterprise that people don’t vote for officers of the United States.”

      Cobb further argued the ruling “vindicates” Trump’s “insistence that this is a political conspiracy to interfere with the election and that … he’s the target and people shouldn’t tolerate that in America.”

      Colorado’s Supreme Court put its ruling on hold until Jan. 4 to allow Trump to first seek review from the U.S. Supreme Court. 

      GOP Lt. Governor Suggests Removing Biden From Texas Ballot

      6
      Joe Biden via Gage Skidmore Flickr

      Republicans want revenge…

      Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick floated removing President Biden from the state’s primary ballot as a response to the Colorado Supreme Court’s shock ruling.

      “Seeing what happened in Colorado tonight … makes me think — except we believe in democracy in Texas — maybe we should take Joe Biden off the ballot in Texas for allowing 8 million people to cross the border since he’s been president, disrupting our state far more than anything anyone else has done in recent history,” Patrick said in an interview with Fox News anchor Laura Ingraham.

      On Tuesday, the Colorado Supreme Court ruled to remove Donald Trump from the 2024 state ballot, citing the 14th Amendment’s so-called insurrection clause. (RELATED: Colorado Supreme Court Bans Trump From Ballot)

      The 4-3 ruling cited the 14th Amendment and argued Trump was involved in an insurrection by prompting false claims of election fraud and directing his supporters to go toward the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

      Trump’s campaign has vowed to appeal the ruling to the U.S. Supreme Court. 

      Report: Fox News Promotes Obama-Era Adviser To Anchor

        2
        Looking east towards 6th Avenue along north (48th Street) side of Fox News building on a snowy afternoon. [Photo Credit: Jim.henderson, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons]

        Fox News has promoted Gillian Turner to a dual role as anchor and State Department and foreign policy correspondent

        Turner has been at Fox since 2014, first as a contributor, and was hired as a correspondent four years later.

        She most recently served as a regular substitute anchor on the network’s leading news programs, including “Fox News Sunday,” “Special Report” and “America’s Newsroom.”

        Turner has foreign policy experience, after stints working for Jones Group International, with former national security adviser Jim Jones and with the White House National Security Council during the administrations of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

        This article was republished with permission from American Liberty News.

        Trump Makes Fresh Bid To Toss Georgia Election Case

          1
          Donald Trump via Gage Skidmore Flickr

          Donald Trump’s lawyers formally asked a judge to toss Trump’s Georgia 2020 election criminal racketeering case on First Amendment grounds.

          On Monday, Sadow filed court papers insisting that the allegations involved “core political speech,” telling the judge the indictment must be dismissed ahead of trial, according to The Hill.

          “The First Amendment, in affording the broadest protection to political speech and discussion regarding governmental affairs, not only embraces but encourages exactly the kind of behavior under attack in this Indictment,” wrote Sadow and Jennifer Little, Trump’s other Georgia attorney.

          “The Fulton County prosecutors have not identified any non-speech or non-advocacy conduct in the allegations against President Trump,” Trump’s attorneys wrote in the new filing. 

          “An examination of the indictment reveals why: none of the allegations relate to any non-speech or nonadvocacy conduct,” they continued. “Every charge and overt act alleged against President Trump rests on core acts of political speech and advocacy that lie at the heart of the First Amendment.”

          Trump and 18 co-defendants were charged in August with violating Georgia’s Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act. Trump and his 18 co-defendants have all pleaded not guilty to the combined 41 charges they face. The former president has also made numerous attempts to have the trial delayed, arguing his team would not be ready for trial by October.

          Nikki Haley Surges Ahead In Latest New Hampshire Poll

            6

            Donald Trump should be taking notice…

            Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is gaining serious momentum with New Hampshire voters.

            According to Sunday’s CBS News/YouGov poll, Haley has emerged as a top alternative to former president Trump, consolidating much of the non-Trump vote. Among likely GOP primary voters, 29 percent say they would vote for the former South Carolina governor, 15 points behind Trump.

            The Hill has more:

            Eleven percent say they would vote for GOP Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, and 10 percent say they would vote for former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. No other candidate received more than 10 percent.

            Regarding who can beat President Biden, 51 percent of voters said Trump would “definitely” do so, while 32 percent said the same for Haley — underscoring just how strong of a hold the former president has on Republicans.

            The poll also sought to determine how New Hampshire Republican voters felt toward each candidate.

            Haley is overwhelmingly seen as the most likable, receiving 55 percent of the vote. DeSantis falls in second, holding 37 percent of the vote, while Trump and Vivek Ramaswamy are tied for third, holding 36 percent of the vote.

            A majority of voters also said Haley is the most reasonable of the candidates. Fifty-one percent voted for the former U.N. ambassador, while 37 percent said DeSantis was the most reasonable. Trump falls in third with 36 percent.

            Cornel West Casts Doubts Over Biden Re-Election Strategy

              0
              Gage Skidmore from Surprise, AZ, United States of America,

              During a recent interview Independent presidential contender Cornel West expressed doubts President Joe Biden makes it to the general election next year.

              Recently, Biden has been clobbered by numerous polls showing his popularity slipping amongst key voting blocs as Trump surges ahead in battleground states.

              “I’m not even sure whether I’ll be running against Biden,” the independent presidential candidate told Politico. “Biden — I think he’s going to have an LBJ moment [and] pull back.”

              “I’m just saying that I’m open to those possibilities, given the fluidity of the situation,” the renowned academic said. “He’s running out of gas.”

              West noted that while the Republican ticket appears more solid, he added that it’s also possible former President Trump leaves the race “if the weight becomes too heavy with the indictments and court processes.”

              West described Trump as a “pied piper” and a “fascist,” and Biden as a “milquetoast neoliberal.” He said both could lead the country down dark paths, Trump to a civil war and Biden to World War III.

              “I’m more concerned about Trump domestically,” West said. “I’m more concerned about Biden in terms of foreign policy.”

              Report: Trump Leading In Seven Swing States

                0
                Gage Skidmore Flickr

                A fresh round of polling shows former President Donald Trump leading President Joe Biden in seven battleground states.

                The surveys tested how Biden would perform against the Republican frontrunner — whom Biden defeated in the 2020 election — and found that Trump would beat him in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

                Mediaite has more:

                Across all of the aforementioned swing states, Trump leads Biden 47%-42% according to a poll of 4,935 registered voters.

                A greater proportion of voters trusts the former president more than the incumbent on the economy (51%-33%), immigration (49%-32%), U.S.-China relations (47%-33%), the war between Russia and Ukraine (45%-34%), the war between Israel and Hamas (44%-33%), and guns (44%-35%). Biden boasts advantages over Trump on healthcare (41%-39%), entitlements (42%-40%), abortion (39%-36%), democracy (42%-39%), and climate change (42%-30%).

                The results come on the heels of a CNN survey that found that Trump beating Biden in Georgia and Michigan.

                CNN has more:

                In Georgia, a state Biden carried by a very narrow margin in 2020, registered voters say they prefer Trump (49%) over Biden (44%) for the presidency in a two-way hypothetical matchup. In Michigan, which Biden won by a wider margin, Trump has 50% support to Biden’s 40%, with 10% saying they wouldn’t support either candidate even after being asked which way they lean. In both Michigan and Georgia, the share of voters who say they wouldn’t support either candidate is at least as large as the margin between Biden and Trump.

                Overall, just 35% in Michigan and 39% in Georgia approve of Biden’s job performance, the surveys find, and majorities in both states say his policies have worsened economic conditions in the country (54% in Georgia, 56% in Michigan).

                Court Upholds Trump Gag Order In New York Fraud Case

                  3
                  Gavel via Wikimedia Commons Image

                  On Thursday, a New York appeals court rejected Donald Trump’s attempt to have a gag order in his New York business fraud trial thrown out.

                  In October, Judge Arthur Engoron put in place the gag order barring Trump and his attorneys from making remarks about the judge’s staff.

                  The New York Supreme Court, a trial court that is not the state’s highest court, upheld Engoron’s gag order, finding it did not unlawfully restrict Trump’s speech.

                  “Here, the gravity of potential harm is small, given that the Gag Order is narrow, limited to prohibiting solely statements regarding the court’s staff,” the court wrote in its opinion.

                  Engoron said his staff has been “inundated” with threats following Trump’s comments. He later expanded the order to include Trump’s attorneys, after they questioned his passing of notes to communicate with his staff.

                  “My law clerks are public servants who are performing their job in the manner in which I request,” he wrote in the order. “This includes providing legal authority and opinions, as well as responding to questions I pose to them. Plainly, defenders are not entitled to the confidential communications among me and my court staff.”

                  Here’s Why James Comer Quit Appearing On ‘Fox & Friends’

                    4
                    Looking east towards 6th Avenue along north (48th Street) side of Fox News building on a snowy afternoon. [Photo Credit: Jim.henderson, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons]

                    The chairman of the House Oversight Committee is done listening to one Fox News co-host’s skepticism towards the ongoing investigation into allegations of impeachable conduct by President Joe Biden.

                    Despite receiving praise from Lawrence Jones, Ainsley Earhardt and Brian Kilmeade, Kentucky Rep. James Comer (R) has stopped appearing on “Fox & Friends” due to Steve Doocy’s constant criticism that Republicans haven’t presented more than circumstantial evidence that Hunter Biden criminally involved his father in his business dealings.

                    With the House expected to vote on an impeachment inquiry into President Biden as early as today, Comer told Newsmax’s Eric Bolling that he “quit going on ‘Fox & Friends’ because of Doocy.” Comer added that he had a theory about why Doocy has “been very critical of the investigation.”

                    “But I don’t think the average viewer of Fox News agrees with Doocy one bit,” he continued.

                    Mediaite reports:

                    During an interview with Comer about his House investigation into President Joe Biden on Wednesday, Bolling said, “Forget the Democrats like Dan Goldman who say there’s no evidence. My concern is when the media, especially the conservative media, starts siding with the Bidens. Listen to Steve Doocy over at Fox saying you don’t have evidence.”

                    Bolling then played a clip of Doocy saying, “The Republicans at this point don’t have– they have a lot of ledgers and spreadsheets, but they have not connected the dots. They’ve connected the dots, the Department of Justice did on Hunter, but they have not shown where Joe Biden, you know, did anything illegally.”

                    Comer responded, “Well I think we’ve done a pretty good job connecting the dots. We’ve traced two checks from influence peddling schemes going directly into Joe Biden’s pocket.”

                    When Bolling asked Comer why Doocy had criticized his efforts, the Kentucky Republican went on a tear.

                    “He’s had that position from the very beginning. I’ve quit going on ‘Fox & Friends’ because of Doocy, you know? I mean, he’s the one guy on Fox that’s been very critical of the investigation. I have my theory why, and we’ll talk about that at a later point, but at the end of the day, he’s entitled to his opinion, but I don’t think the average viewer of Fox News agrees with Doocy one bit.”

                    “Even 40% of the Democrats are concerned that Joe Biden has violated the law with his family’s shady business. The American people expect somebody to investigate the president of the United States for public corruption, and thank God the Oversight Committee is,” Comer said, ending his rebuttal.

                    This article was republished with permission from American Liberty News.